To create Desktop Shortcut in Windows 10, do the following:
- Right-click on its .exe file and select Send To > Desktop (Create shortcut)
- Alternatively, right-click on desktop and select New > Shortcut
- Enter the path of the program executable file
- Click on Next and give it a name
- Click on Finish will a desktop shortcut will be created
- Change its icon if you wish now.
The simplest way to create a desktop shortcut for your favorite program is to right-click on its .exe file and select Send To > Desktop (Create shortcut). You will see that its shortcut has been created on your Windows desktop.